At some point in time I will put my full resume here. I am reluctant to post
it now because I am not currently looking for a job and don't want
to be tempted by any good offers that come along.
In case you really must know, here are some highlights:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Physics, with Distinction.
- Over 14 years software development experience. A good portion of that time was spent
with embedded systems, but I also have plenty of experience with
application development for Windows and Unix/Linux hosts.
- Over 10 ten years of experience with the VxWorks RTOS.
- Fully fluent in real-time multi-threaded software development.
- Plenty of experience with TCP/IP. Developed many client/server applications.
I also even wrote my own web server and a firewall for
Win2k/XP along with many other similar sorts of projects.
- Plenty of experience as a Windows NT/2000/XP and Linux System Administrator. When I encounter
problems I investigate them until I understand why they happened, unlike many IT support folks who simply
re-install/re-image systems without every learning anything.
- Held various positions from Software Designer to Software Architect, including team lead
roles and even a short stint in management.
- Intimately involved in all aspects of software development from
project planning, high level design, detailed design, coding, and testing.
- Wrote and reviewed all kinds of documentation.
- Plenty of experience with object oriented analysis and design.
- Fluent in many programming languages from assembly to C/C++ and Java. I also know many
development from HTML, CSS, DOM coding, AJAX and cgi-bin scripts, as well as Apache and MySQL server administration.
- Prior to my career in the high tech industry, I had plenty of experience
in the construction industry. I operated heavy equipment in road maintenance and construction
for many years (TS14 earth movers, Terex payloaders, Champion, Cat, and Galion graders).
I also drove tractor trailer units, gravel trucks, redi-mix trucks, as well as various
kinds of farm equipment. I also did plenty of hands on work and even know how to swing
a hammer and run a saw.
- I also have experience as a mechanic, both automotive and heavy equipment.
I even did auto body work for a while.
- My greatest strengths are my problem solving skills and ability to learn new things.
I could go on but, as mentioned above, this is only meant to provide some of
the highlights of my resume. A more complete resume will
be provided if/when I'm interested in finding a new job.